These terms may be modified, changed, supplemented or updated by ShipChain (“ShipChain”, “we”, “us” or “our”) in its sole discretion at any time without advance notice. We suggest that you visit this page regularly to keep up to date with any changes. Your continued use of this Website will confirm your acceptance of these terms as modified, changed, supplemented or updated by us. If you do not agree to such revised terms you must stop using this Website and any information, links or content contained on this Website.
USE OF WEBSITE
The purpose of our Website is to provide you with you some general information about ShipChain. Registration and participation on ShipChain is void where prohibited. By using, interacting, or registering with the Website you agree and warrant that: (a) you are 18 years of age or older; (b) that your use of the Website does not void any applicable law; and (c) you will provide truthful and accurate information at all times.
THIRDS PARTY CONTENT
Our Website may contain (or you may be sent through the Website) links to other web sites (“Third Party Sites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Applications, Software or Content”). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Website and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Website or relating to any applications you use or install from the Website.
If you post, upload, input, provide or submit your personal data to us, including without limitation, your name, email address, IP address, cryptocurrency address, text, code or other information and materials, sign up to our mailing list or create an account on our Website (collectively, your “User Content”), you must ensure that the User Content provided by you at that or at any other time is true, accurate, up to date and complete and that any User Content you post, upload, input, provide or submit to us or via our Website do not breach or infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. We do not own, control or endorse any User Content that is transmitted, stored or processed via our Website or sent to us and we are not responsible or liable for any User Content. You are solely responsible and liable for all of your User Content and for your use of any interactive features, links or information or content on our Website, and you represent and warrant that (i) you own all intellectual property rights (or have obtained all necessary permissions) to provide your User Content and to grant the licenses in these terms; (ii) your User Content will not violate any agreements or confidentiality obligations; and (iii) your User Content will not violate, infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property right or other proprietary right, including the right of publicity or privacy, of any person or entity.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User Content and any of your non-public information. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account (if any). You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your User Content, account or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss or damages that you may incur as a result of someone else using your User Content or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by the ShipChain Parties (as defined below) or another party due to someone else using your User Content or account. You may not use anyone else’s User Content or account at any time without the permission of such person or entity.
If you decide to submit questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information to us (collectively, “Feedback”), you do so on your own accord and not based on any request or solicitation from us. Feedback does not include User Content. We reserve the right to use Feedback for any purpose at no charge and without compensation to you. Do not send us Feedback if you expect to be paid or want to continue to own or claim rights to your Feedback. The purpose of these terms is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes if ShipChain’ products, services, business ideas or business strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to us as Feedback. If you decide to send us Feedback, you acknowledge and understand that the ShipChain Parties make no assurances that your Feedback will be treated as confidential or proprietary.
SHARING, API AND OTHER SERVICES
ShipChain retains all right, title and interest in and to this Website and its products and services, including all copyrights, patents, trade secrets, trademarks, other intellectual property rights, trade names, logos, slogans, custom graphics, button icons, scripts, videos, text, images, software, code, files, content, information and other material available on our Website and nothing on this Website may be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our or the applicable licensor’s prior written permission. ShipChain reserves all rights not expressly granted. Any unauthorized reproduction of any of our Website is expressly prohibited.
In the event of a claim that your use or participation with the Website in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, infringes any proprietary right of any third party, ShipChain shall have the option, in its sole discretion, to: (a) if possible obtain the right to continue using the infringing item, (b) replace the infringing item or modify it so that it becomes noninfringing, or (c) terminate your participation and rights granted herein.
In addition, the Digital Media Copyrights Act (DMCA) provides copyright owners who believe that their rights have been infringed upon. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the web site, with enough detail that we may find it on the web site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- Your statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- Your statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You must only use the content or services provided through this Website for their stated purpose. You must not use this Website to:
- publish, post, send, upload, submit, display or disseminate any information or material and/or otherwise make available or engage in any conduct that is unlawful, discriminatory, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, offensive, obscene, tortious or otherwise objectionable;
- display, upload or transmit material that encourages conduct that may constitute a criminal offence, result in civil liability or otherwise violate or breach any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice;
- interfere or violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others or violate others use or enjoyment of this Website;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- use this Website or links on this Website in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from using this Website or links on this Website or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of this Website or our servers or any networks connected to any of our servers in any manner;
- create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others or fraudulently or otherwise misrepresent yourself to be another person or a representative of another entity including, but not limited to, an authorized user of this Website or a ShipChain representative, or fraudulently or otherwise misrepresent that you have an affiliation with a person, entity or group;
- mislead or deceive us, our representatives and any third parties who may rely on the information provided by you, by providing inaccurate or false information, which includes omissions of information;
- disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the services provided by this Website (whether by forging message/packet headers or otherwise manipulating normal identification information);
- violate, infringe or misappropriate any intellectual or industrial property right of any person (such as copyright, trademarks, patents, or trade secrets, or other proprietary rights of any party) or commit a tort;
- upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property;
- send, upload, display or disseminate or otherwise make available material containing or associated with spam, junk mail, advertising for pyramid schemes, chain letters, virus warnings (without first confirming the authenticity of the warning), or any other form of unauthorized advertising or promotional material;
- access any content, area or functionality of this Website that you are prohibited or restricted from accessing or attempt to bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit your access to any content, area or functionality of this Website;
- obtain unauthorized access to or interfere with the performance of the servers which host this Website or provide the services on this Website or any servers on any associated networks or otherwise fail to comply with any policies or procedures relating to the use of those servers;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any services or products, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any of our servers through hacking, password mining, or any other means;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Website or its services;
- harvest or otherwise collect, whether aggregated or otherwise, data about others including e-mail addresses and/or distribute or sell such data in any manner;
- use any part of this Website other than for its intended purpose; or
- use this Website to engage in or promote any activity that violates these terms.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless us and our respective past, present and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns (collectively, the “ShipChain Parties”) from and against all claims, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from or relate to: (i) your access to or use of our Website, products or services; (ii) your User Content; (iii) any Feedback you provide; or (iv) your violation of these Terms.
We reserve the right to exercise sole control over the defense, at your expense, of any claim subject to indemnification pursuant to these terms. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and ShipChain.
THIS WEBSITE AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, PROMISES OR GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, PROMISES OR GUARANTEES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, COMPLETENESS, ADEQUACY, AVAILABILITY, SUITABILITY OR OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE, ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WE MAY PROVIDE THROUGH IT OR THE INFORMATION OR MATERIAL IT CONTAINS.
EACH OF THE SHIPCHAIN PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, WITH REGARD TO THE FOREGOING, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION: (A) ANY WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, SERVICES, AVAILABILITY, UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, OR SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE; (B) ANY WARRANTIES THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; (C) ANY WARRANTIES THAT THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH IT ARE ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR SUCH SERVICES OR PRODUCTS WILL BE CORRECTED; (D) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (E) ANY WARRANTIES THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHER ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT; AND (F) ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE MATERIALS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE. THE SHIPCHAIN PARTIES MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE, ITS PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR THE MATERIALS DESCRIBED ON THIS WEBSITE AT ANY TIME.
In addition, to the maximum extent permitted by law, none of the ShipChain Parties shall be responsible or liable for:
- any loss, liability, cost, expense or damage suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with any access to or use of this Website or any of its content;
- any reliance on, or decision made on the basis of, information or material shown on or omitted from this Website;
- any reliance on any statements regarding laws or tax for your jurisdiction;
- any matter affecting this Website or any of its content caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control;
- the performance of this Website and any fault, delays, interruptions or lack of availability of this Website and any of the services or products provided through this Website, which may occur due to increased usage of this Website, intermittent failures of this Website or the need for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities, products or services; and
- any information or material on any website operated by a third party which may be accessed from this Website.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE SHIPCHAIN PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL, ACTUAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUES, PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOODWILL OR OTHER INTANGIBLELOSSES) REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE SHIPCHAIN PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS OR EXPENSES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE; (B) ANY PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS WEBSITE OR ITS SERVICES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LINKS ON OUR WEBSITE); (C) ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THIS WEBSITE;(D) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY; (E) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF THE TRANSMISSION OF DATA OR CONTENT TO OR FROM US; OR (F) THE FAILURE TO RECEIVE IN ANY WAY THE TRANSMISSION OF ANY DATA, CONTENT, FUNDS OR PROPERTY FROM YOU. IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE SHIPCHAIN PARTIES ARISING UNDER THESE TERMS EXCEED $100.00 USD.
These terms control the relationship between us and you. They do not create any third-party beneficiary rights. You cannot assign your rights under this Agreement to anyone without our express authorization. We reserve the right to assign or transfer our rights in this Agreement and the rights enumerated throughout, without your consent, to any ancillary or parent company of ours. Any disputes regarding this Agreement will be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Arizona. Any claims must be referred to binding arbitration in Phoenix, Arizona in accordance with the rules of Commercial Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association. The parties shall use their best efforts to find an arbitrator who is knowledgeable in blockchain and/or computer technology. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction. The prevailing party in any dispute shall be entitled to their reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future). If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, the term will be modified such that it is enforceable and this will not affect any other terms contained herein.
Copyright © 2017 ShipChain. All rights reserved.
Dated: November 7, 2017.